Come & experience this amazing phenomenon.
14 – 27 August 2020
14 days / 13 nights ex Sydney
$9,995 per person
Wall dives teeming with big animals, macro life galore, impressive wrecks — it’s all waiting within one of the largest marine protected areas on the planet. Palau is one of the “Seven Undersea Wonders of the World” with over 1,300 species of reef fish and 550 species of coral.
This New Moon Expedition takes you to where aggregations of Bumphead Parrotfish begin forming early in the morning. Awaiting the exact time for spawning, hundreds of these parrotfish from all around the area join one another for what is about to be an unforgettable event. Building up to this spectacular showdown, males begin their display of dominance, attempting to attract as many mating partners as possible. As females continue to gather, the school spills out into the blue where the tension erupts into a climatic mating dance. Not surprisingly, these events also attract the biggest predators in Palau such as bull sharks, oceanic blacktip sharks, and hammerheads. Watch how they hunt actively within the large school of spawning fish. This is something only a select few people ever get to witness and you can now be one of them!
Airfares & taxes
- Return economy flights ex Sydney to Koror via Taipei on China Airlines
- Australian departure and applicable airline taxes (subject to change)
10 night Liveaboard adventure on S/Y Palau Siren including:
- Transportation to and from the boat ex Koror
- Twin share Deluxe cabin accommodation
- All meals, hot and cold drinks (soft drinks & local beer), tea and coffee, snacks
- Koror & Peleliu state fees & special spawning itinerary fee
- Up to 4 dives per day with tanks, weights and dive guide services
- Scuba gear rental (except for torch and dive computer – additional cost)
- Nitrox for Nitrox certified divers
- Jellyfish Lake snorkel
- Special New Moon Spawning Adventure – aggregation of bumphead parrot fish with Unique Dive Expeditions
- Blackwater dive (subject to weather conditions)
- 1 night twin/double accommodation in a Poolside Room at the Cove Resort, Palau
Price does not include
- Travel/dive insurance, meals other then specified, personal expenses, excess baggage fees, torch and dive computer rental, gratuities.
Booking conditions & requirements
Prices are subject to change at any time without notice due to changes in airfare levels, supplier rates and currency fluctuations with the USD (based on 0.68). See other terms and conditions as per the Dive Adventures website: www.diveadventures.com.au
To secure your place on this trip, you will need to submit an online booking form and return it together with a non-refundable deposit amount of $1000 per person. Extra payment instalments will be required and final payment is due by 17 May 2020. Payment plans available.Booking Ref: 23715